This Bolognese sauce will have you craving more. Put it on flaxbread, zoodles, other veggies, with eggs or just eat on its own. High in fat, low in carbs and tasty, tasty, tasty!
- Difficulty Level Easy
- A big glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Oregano or Italian herb mix
- A chunk of butter - probably around 3 tbsps
- A handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 500 grams of organic/free-range minced pork (but you can do half/half pork/beef if you really need to…)
- 3 tins of organic, sugar-free tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Water or home made broth
- Some good quality red wine
6.8g Total carbs
5.4g Net Carbs
320 kcal Energy
- In a big saucepan, add the olive oil (I like to cover the bottom of the pan) and when hot enough, add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the butter and mushrooms and cook off.
- Add the mince and cook off (until it is no longer raw).
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the tomato paste. I like to fill one tin with water and transfer the water from tin to tin, cleaning the sides to get all of the tomato sauce remaining in the tin, out. I then pour the water into the pan and add another tin full of water (or you could use a cup of bone broth).
- Add the final touch, the red wine and stir.
- Let the sauce simmer (on a low heat) for approximately 1-2 hours, depending on how much you want to reduce the liquid down. I prefer to make it really thick, almost like gravy.
- Eat. From a spoon, on a piece of buttered flaxbread, with eggs or to get as close to the traditional Italian pasta option (fettucine is the truest combination but spaghetti works too), zucchini noodles.
Hi and welcome! I’m Bianca :)
36 yo sugar and preservative free, whole food-loving, low carb healthy fat Aussie nutritionist, teacher, babe, single lady and mother to two of the cutest and naughtiest American Shorthair kitties living in Shanghai, China Let me show you the health benefits of LCHF living and how easy it is to find, prepare and eat whole foods in this crazy-awesome city - or anywhere! Let's not just survive together in this city but let's thrive together!
Learn how to thrive and not just survive with LCHF!
Follow me on Insta!
Anti-inflammatory Avocado Bone Broth Breakfast butter cacao Cake cauliflower chocolate Coconut coconut flour coconut milk coconut oil dairy-free Dessert destress egg free Eggs exercise Flaxseed floatasian floating gluten free grain free gut health Health Healthy fats high fat hormones how to keto ketogenic diet ketosis lchf lchf approved low carb Meditation no sugar nut free nutrition refined sugar free snacks sugar free travel and lchf zucchini