- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3/4 cup Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup White sesame
- 1/4 cup Black sesame
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Pepita (pumpkin) seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- Additional 1/2 cup water
- Note: all seeds should be raw
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
6.2g Total carbs
1.5g Net carbs
146 kcal Energy
- Put the flaxseed in a bowl with the 1/2 cup water and mix.
- Place a towel over the top and let sit for 30 min to 1 hour. (The more water you put, the longer the seeds will take to soak it up but also the stickier they will become. It is important that they are given the time to become like glue as they bind the crackers.)
- Turn over on at 170C° and lay a sheet of baking paper on a large tray.
- Blitz the seeds in a processor or grinder. You want them to still be chunky (and it's nice to have some whole seeds) but grinding enables easier binding too. If you want though, you can leave them as whole seeds.
- Mix all seeds in with the soaked (and now gluey) flaxseed.
- Add the additional water and mix.
- Add all seasoning and mix thoroughly. Play around with the spices. If you don't like it spicy, then omit the spice. Try curry powder or just plain salt. Your call here.
- Pour mix onto tray and spread evenly, around 1 cm thick. Don't make too thin as they will crumble.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins (longer if in a table top oven).
- Take out of oven after 30 mins and chop into desired cracker size.
- Put back in oven for another 20-30 min, OR until the crackers are nice and crisp. (This really does vary from oven to oven.) When you take out of the oven, you should be able to easily snap the crackers into the cut squares and voila`, the perfect seeded cracker!
- Butter makes everything better so add a nice layer and enjoy…and then wonder why you haven't done this sooner. Tastier than store bought and so much better for you!
Hi and welcome! I’m Bianca :)
Whole food-loving, low carb healthy fat Aussie nutritionist, teacher, babe, single lady and mother to two of the cutest and naughtiest kitties living in Shanghai, China. Let me show you the health benefits of LCHF living and how easy it is to find, prepare and eat whole foods in this crazy-awesome city - or anywhere! Survive? Nah, how about let's thrive!!
Sign up to learn how to live a thriving low carb lifestyle!
Follow me on Insta!
Anti-inflammatory Avocado Bone Broth Breakfast butter cacao Cake cauliflower chocolate Coconut coconut flour coconut milk coconut oil dairy-free Dessert destress egg free Eggs exercise Flaxseed floatasian floating gluten free grain free gut health Health healthy Healthy fats high fat hormones how to keto ketogenic diet ketosis lchf lchf approved low carb no sugar nut free nutrition refined sugar free snacks sugar free travel and lchf zucchini