- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 litre
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 litres of full cream milk (whatever your best quality is where you are)
- 1/2 cup yoghurt with live bacteria with large, viable quantities (Lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus casei) or a yoghurt starter of your own.
- (optional) 1/2 cup natural, preservative/additive free cream (the fatter the better)
3.8g Total carbs
3.8g Net Carbs
96 kcal Energy
- Heat the milk and cream slowly in a saucepan until it reaches 82-93°C or 180-200°F.
- Turn the heat off and let the milk cool until it reaches 43-46°C or 110-115°F.
- Scoop out half a cup of warm milk mixture and put it into a bowl. Mix the yoghurt into the warm milk.
- Pour the yoghurt/milk mix back into the pot.
- Put the lid on and cover with a tea towel to try to maintain the temperature.
- Put in an oven with the light on. Leave overnight and it will be ready in the morning.
- To make thick Greek yoghurt: Line a colander with a tea-towel and pour the yoghurt into it.
- Tie together the corners of the towel and suspend, or just leave to sit and strain.
- Strain out the whey for 1-2 hours. Any longer and it will become cream cheese.
- Put in a jar and enjoy. Give it a good stir in case there are any lumps. My yoghurt usually lasts a couple of weeks - if it gets to last this long!
Hi and welcome! I’m Bianca :)
Whole food-loving, low carb healthy fat Aussie nutritionist, teacher, babe, single lady and mother to two of the cutest and naughtiest kitties living in Shanghai, China. Let me show you the health benefits of LCHF living and how easy it is to find, prepare and eat whole foods in this crazy-awesome city - or anywhere! Survive? Nah, how about let's thrive!!
Sign up to learn how to live a thriving low carb lifestyle!
Follow me on Insta!
Anti-inflammatory Avocado Bone Broth Breakfast butter cacao Cake cauliflower chocolate Coconut coconut flour coconut milk coconut oil dairy-free Dessert destress egg free Eggs exercise Flaxseed floatasian floating gluten free grain free gut health Health healthy Healthy fats high fat hormones how to keto ketogenic diet ketosis lchf lchf approved low carb no sugar nut free nutrition refined sugar free snacks sugar free travel and lchf zucchini