How to cook the perfect steak
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- A piece of fatty grass-fed steak (rib-eye and sirloin - around 2cm thick)
- Olive oil - enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 2 big spoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Optional extras:
- fresh herbs like rosemary
0.02g Total Carbs
0.02g Net Carbs
1071 kcal Energy
- Note: Steak must be cooked at room temperature. If you cook it directly out of the fridge, you will be dealing with a piece of steak that is cold in the middle and it will overcook on the outside. So take it out 20 min. before you cook it.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, rub it well into the steak. (You can do this while you let the steak warms to room temperature).
- On high, heat the frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the steak. You should hear a sizzle when you put the steak in.
- Leave to cook on this side for 2 minutes.
- Immediately while cooking, add the butter and let it melt. Using a spoon, baste the steak continuously with the butter, covering it, making sure it really coats the steak.
- If adding garlic and rosemary, do so once the butter is melted.
- After two minutes, turn the steak and cook for a remaining minute on a low flame.
- Remove from the pan and serve up/rest. (Usually I'm still cooking something else so the steak is resting during this time. This prevents it from bleeding and losing all the glorious juices, so the steak remains juicy. Rest for around 2 mins).
- Accompany with my delicious mash (which one?? Take your pick from here and here), a fatty salad (see recipe here), some sliced avocado and mop up extra buttery goodness with my flax bread …if you have the room in your stomach.
- Let your taste buds go wild.
Hi and welcome! I’m Bianca :)
Whole food-loving, low carb healthy fat Aussie nutritionist, teacher, babe, single lady and mother to two of the cutest and naughtiest kitties living in Shanghai, China. Let me show you the health benefits of LCHF living and how easy it is to find, prepare and eat whole foods in this crazy-awesome city - or anywhere! Survive? Nah, how about let's thrive!!
Follow me on Insta!
Anti-inflammatory Avocado Bone Broth Breakfast butter cacao Cake cauliflower chocolate Coconut coconut flour coconut milk coconut oil dairy-free Dessert destress egg free Eggs exercise Flaxseed floatasian floating gluten free grain free gut health Health healthy Healthy fats high fat hormones how to keto ketogenic diet ketosis lchf lchf approved low carb no sugar nut free nutrition refined sugar free snacks sugar free travel and lchf zucchini