Zucchini chocolate cake
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup homemade or natural nut butter (almond/hazelnut/cashew or tahini are all options)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 tbsp homemade vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cigar vinegar
- 1 cup grated zucchini (or 1 medium sized zucchini, grated)
- Organic stevia (to taste – around 1/2 tbsp)
13.3g Total Fat
7.3g Total Carbs
6.3g Dietary Fibre
- Preheat the oven to 210°C and grease a loaf tin (or a round tin, or even a muffin tin).
- In a bowl, combine the nut butter with the raw cacao, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir slowly (unless you want a cloud of cacao everywhere!).
- Add the baking soda and apple cidar vinegar. There should be a nice fizz when combined. The mix will be really thick (and a good arm workout) but don’t worry, this will change when the zucchini goes in.
- Stir through the zucchini really well. The moisture in the zucchini will come out and turn this into a thick batter.
- Taste the batter and if not sweet enough to your liking (there will be no sweetness) add the stevia.
- Put batter into the loaf/cake tin and into the oven for around 30 minutes (in fan forced oven) or until the skewer comes out clean.
Hi and welcome! I’m Bianca :)
Whole food-loving, low carb healthy fat Aussie nutritionist, teacher, babe, single lady and mother to two of the cutest and naughtiest kitties living in Shanghai, China. Let me show you the health benefits of LCHF living and how easy it is to find, prepare and eat whole foods in this crazy-awesome city - or anywhere! Survive? Nah, how about let's thrive!!
Sign up to learn how to live a thriving low carb lifestyle!
Follow me on Insta!
Anti-inflammatory Avocado Bone Broth Breakfast butter cacao Cake cauliflower chocolate Coconut coconut flour coconut milk coconut oil dairy-free Dessert destress egg free Eggs exercise Flaxseed floatasian floating gluten free grain free gut health Health healthy Healthy fats high fat hormones how to keto ketogenic diet ketosis lchf lchf approved low carb no sugar nut free nutrition refined sugar free snacks sugar free travel and lchf zucchini